I offer a standard birth package (which is outlined below) but I am also happy to tailor my services to your particular needs. Perhaps you just want someone with you for the birth or for the birth and postnatal period. Or perhaps you would like some specific antenatal teaching and don't want to go to a group class.
Standard Birth Package
- 3 antenatal sessions to meet and discuss your birth preferences, and to help you prepare for birth which includes a session about breastfeeding if you feel this is something you would like to do
- An on-call period of one month around your due date (usually weeks 38-42, but this is flexible)
- Support via email and phone 24/7
- Support of the duration of your labour and birth
- Up to 2 postnatal sessions to de-brief the birth, meet your lovely baby again, give you a chance to talk about anything you need to and provide breastfeeding support if you would like it.
- What does this look like?
We will meet at least twice antenatally. During these meeting we’ll get to know each other, look at what you can expect from me, talk about what kind of birth you would like and discuss any questions you may have. You are free to call me at any point to voice concerns, ask questions or have a good moan about how knackered and enormous you feel, or tell me how wonderfully you're blooming!
I’ll be there at your birth, providing I haven’t fallen down the stairs or caught the lurgy, in which case a back up doula will be there for you. Unlike a midwife you call me as soon as you feel you’ve gone into labour - or even if you’re just not sure! If you want me there I’ll come immediately or if you just want to curl up in bed for a bit I’ll be there when you ask me to be. I'll stay with you throughout your birth to support you and your partner. Then I'll hang around a bit after your beautiful baby has arrived to make sure all is well and until you're happy for me to leave.
After your birth we'll meet at least once, or perhaps twice, postnatally if you feel you need a little more support, to ensure you and your little one are settling into life together comfortably.
The cost of the standard package is £700. Prices for tailored services vary. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
Vouchers are available from Doula UK if you're loved ones want to contribute and there is an Access Fund available through Doula UK for those who are unable to meet the cost of having a doula.
Areas I cover
Gloucestershire and parts of Wiltshire, Somerset, Herefordshire and Oxfordshire
Tailored antenatal sessions
Because each pregnancy and birth is unique you may feel you would like one on one support with a specific area of your pregnancy or birth. Private antenatal sessions tailored to your needs can offer you this.
- I can work on helping you connect with your baby and helping help your partner to connect with your baby in utero
- Work through at any underlying fears or concerns you may have about your pregnancy or the birth
- Help you work through previous birth trauma
- Tailor coping techniques to your self and you partner for your labour
- Your birth partner may feel they need specific support or have questions about how best to support you through your birth experience.
Tailored antenatal sessions are charged at £60 for a 2 hour session.
Postnatal doula services
There are as many reasons to need a postnatal doula as there are different types of doula! Whatever you feel your support needs are I would be more than happy to discuss them so please don't hesitate to get in touch.
You do not need to have had a doula for your birth to have a postnatal doula.
Because everyone's needs differ postnatal I charge by the hour for my services. I charge £20 per hour for postnatal services and can do as many or as few hours as you require.